M.F.A. Theatre Management & Producing, Columbia University. New York, NY
M.A. Arts and Administration, University of Oregon. Eugene, OR
B.A. Arts Management, China Conservatory of Music. Beijing, China
Vassar & New York Stage and Film’s Powerhouse Theater, Poughkeepsie, NY
Producing Associate + Head House Manager May – August 2016 & 2017 & 2018 & 2019
- Manage day-to-day producing office tasks, special events, and logistics for artists and production team.
- Design season playbill, communicate with local vendors, and design their advertisement on the playbill.
- House manage the 330-seat Martel Theater; schedule, train, and manage volunteer ushers; oversee the House Managers at the Powerhouse Theater and Shiva Theater.
Evan Bernardin Productions, New York, NY Jan. – May 2019
Company Manager + Associate General Manager
- Draft production budgets, contracts, schedules, and marketing materials for Off-Broadway productions, book audition and rehearsal spaces, coordinate production load-in and load-out.
- Company manage the Off-Broadway musical We Are The Tigers, in charge of payroll, ticketing, wrap reports, organize opening night and press events, communicate with third party vendors and agents.
Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning (JCAL), Queens, NY July 2017 – Jan. 2019
Program Associate + Administrative Assistant
- Curate and produce season programs in support of underrepresented artists from different communities and diverse arts genres; create marketing plan and promote events on social media.
- Oversee and coordinate rental inquiries for JCAL’s landmark building, including a 99-seat theatre, five rehearsal studios, five artist studios, and two galleries; maintain good relationship with clients.
SDC (Stage Directors and Choreographers Society), New York, NY
Communications Intern + Barbara Hauptman Fellowship Nov. 2016 – April 2017
- Support all aspects of the SDC Journal’s production by writing copy, editing and proofreading, transcribing interviews, graphic design, contacting photographers, collecting artwork, maintaining archival databases.
- Collaborate with the Contact Affairs staff in the workings of the Union with a focus on the SDC/LORT CBA negotiation, tasks include conducting research, data analysis, and participate in the negotiation.
Roundabout Theatre Company, New York, NY Nov. 2015 – June 2016
Columbia@Roundabout Fellowship (Special Projects Apprentice)
- Conduct research and project management for Roundabout $50 million Anniversary campaign, work closely with Marketing, Finance, and Development Departments on anniversary special events.
- Assist Executive Director’s daily work; organize and prepare for Board of Directors meetings, conduct Board member audit, analysis FY06-16 budget data and the preparation of the Annual Report.
Columbia University School of the Arts, Graphic Designer, New York, NY
August 2014 – May 2015
- Design marketing materials for Theatre Department, including 3rd year thesis productions and showcases.
- Interface with staff, student directors and playwrights, the marketing team, and external printing.
Town Square Productions, Management Associate, New York, NY May – Dec. 2014
- Assistant General Manager for the Off-Broadway musical DISENCHANTED!, draft and proofread budget and contracts, participate negotiations with unions, design marketing materials.
- Serve as consultant and translator between Town Square Productions and Chinese presenters including the Chinese production Into the Woods that is presented in 800-seat Beijing PLA Theater.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere; Google Analytics; Hootsuite; Google Drive; Tessitura; Salesforce; Asana; WordPress; iMovie.
Language skills: Translator/interpreter between English and Mandarin Chinese.
Musical Ability: Piano.